[gmx-users] 2016.3 only gmx grompp error on NVT step for ions

Sarai G saraigur2017 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 18:21:31 CET 2018

​Hello Justin,

Sorry about the subject line, I fixed it this time around.

I have the .itp files (toppar folder) and the .top files as you requested
as well as a larger tar.gz which all of the files produced in the testing
run within it.

Sarai

> Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 12:04:08 -0500
> From: Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu>
> To: gmx-users at gromacs.org
> Subject: Re: [gmx-users] gromacs.org_gmx-users Digest, Vol 165, Issue
>         117
>

> On 1/23/18 12:02 PM, Sarai G wrote:
> > ?Hello,
> >
> > Line 14 relates to the ions, not the QS21. In all runs and testing, the
> > error was always relating to the ions. Different systems both with and
> > without ions were created using QS21 and other molecules and the error
only
> > appeared when there were ions involved. Ensuring that the reference line
> > was in fact the ions and not the QS21 was the first thing I did.

 Then something is problematic in your topology. Please upload the .top
 and .itp files if you want further commentary on it.

 -Justin

> > Sarai?
> >
> > Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 16:45:38 +0000
> >> From: Mark Abraham <mark.j.abraham at gmail.com>
> >> To: gmx-users at gromacs.org
> >> Cc: "gromacs.org_gm." <gromacs.org_gmx-users at maillist.sys.kth.se>
> >> Subject: Re: [gmx-users] 2016.3 only gmx grompp error on NVT step for
> >>          ions
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> This is a new warning in that recent version of GROMACS, because we
found
> >> that constraints = all-bonds could produce artefacts. The error message
> >> points out line 14 of your topology, which presumably relates to the
QS21
> >> molecule topology, not the ions. So it's probably triggered by one of
the
> >> aldehyde groups. As the message notes, the plausible fixes involve
> >> reconsidering mdp options, not investigating in the topology. I'd first
> >> consider not using all-bonds, and otherwise adjust the LINCS options
> >>
> >> Mark

> >> qkZLj/view?usp=drive_web
> >> TPMLX/view?usp=drive_web
> >> PPuok/view?usp=drive_web