[gmx-users] Rupture force definition

Rakesh Mishra rockinbhu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 11:02:58 CET 2018

Dear Justin

Thank you very much  for removing the doubts .
Let me extend  my query in this respect again. As according to pull code
formate which is  discussed in your testing work of umbrella sampling .
Please have a rough look.

Pull code
pull                    = yes
pull_ngroups            = 2
pull_ncoords            = 1
pull_group1_name        = chain_B
pull_group2_name        = chain_A
pull_coord1_type        = umbrella      ; harmonic biasing force
pull_coord1_geometry    = distance      ; simple distance increase
pull_coord1_groups      =  1 2
pull_coord1_dim         = Y N N
pull_coord1_rate        = 0.0005          ; 0.0005 nm per ps = 5 nm per 10
ns
pull_coord1_k           = 400          ; kJ mol^-1 nm^-2
pull_coord1_start       = yes           ; define initial COM distance > 0

As according to some explanation on the net,  I found  that  in the Pull
code written above,

"pull_group1_name = chain_B "   gromacs read it as a reference group by
default &
"pull_group2_name = chain_A"    gromacs read it as a pull group by default.

But suppose, we want to pull 2 or more groups eg.  B2 & B3 in the same
system and which are having
two respective reference group A2 & A3 w. r. t. pulled groups  B2 & B3.
Then how to define these one in above code.

I mean If I have  A1, A2, and A3 three pull group ( which we want to pull)
and corresponding to these we have three
reference group B1 , B2 and B3. We are pulling all in the same direction
(+x  direction ).
then how to define these simultaneously in above pull code.

will I need to define rate for all these pull group separately ( three
times) or if rate value is same then no need to
 define three times corresponding to these three pull groups.

thanks