[gmx-users] extending simulations

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 11:19:59 CET 2018

Hi,

Further to what Justin said, I see a lot of people crafting complex bash
scripts to run their whole project in the same directory, and as part of
that the scripts do approximately what

gmx mdrun -cpi -noappend

does - name the output files so that they include a part number, and will
need to be manually appended later. Where's the value for the extra work?
If you put your equilibration and simulation in different directories, you
can use the default file naming and not create problems. :-)

Mark