[gmx-users] Unknown function type 17

Åge Aleksander Skjevik age.a.skjevik at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 19:32:14 CEST 2018

Dear Gromacs experts,

I am interested in using a tool that seems to be compatible only with the
Gromacs 3.3 series. An input tpr file is required, and I have understood
that I have to generate the tpr file using grompp from the same Gromacs
version (3.3.4 in my case). However I get the following fatal error:
"unknown function type 17 in convparm.c line 276".

Which function type is this? I guess it is a matter of making some minor
modifications to the input topology file. (I am able to successfully
generate a tpr file using the same pdb/top/mdp input files and grompp from
versions 4.5.5 and 2018.2.)

Some pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Aage