[gmx-users] Looking for a Gromacs' tool to find lipid molecules which are located in a shell in the x-y plane around a drug molecule intercalated in a bilayer

Thomas Piggot t.piggot at soton.ac.uk
Fri Jun 1 19:41:01 CEST 2018

Hi Seyed,

You might want to take a look at the modified version of g_order (gmx
order) provided as part of the SI of one of my papers:

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/suppl/10.1021/acs.jctc.7b00643

This code should be able to calculate order parameters at defined radial
distances around a central object. You can find more details about the
radial calculation in the work (and SI) of the below paper from Reid Van
Lehn, who provided most of the modifications to the g_order program
including this radial calculation:

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp506239p

I wasn't really interested in this part of the code for what I was doing
and so you should check for yourself that it is working correctly.

Cheers

Tom

Dr Thomas Piggot
Visiting Fellow