[gmx-users] How to add distance and angle restraints in the topology file?

Qing Liu 15110700076 at fudan.edu.cn
Tue Jun 5 09:50:26 CEST 2018

Hello, everyone,
        I just used Gromacs-5.1.4 to run a MD with distance and angle restraints. These restraints are between a protein and a ligand. However, the ligand topology is included in the "ligand.itp", and its atom numbers begin from 1. This is same as the protein atom numbers. As a result, Gromacs can not distinguish the ligand atoms and protein atoms in the sections "distance_restraints" and "angle_restraints". I also try to merge the topology of protein and ligand into a single file, where the ligand atom numbers are renumbered to be consecutive from the last protein atom. But this also does not work.  Can you help me? Thank you!

--

Best wishes,

Qing Liu

Fudan Univ.