[gmx-users] Charge groups in poly methyl methacrylic acid

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 06:04:20 CEST 2018

I would try to double-check with topology generators like
http://erg.biophys.msu.ru/tpp/ on a short polymer chain (e.g. three
links, termini passivated by H), or do a CHELPG calculation to look at
the charge distribution within the central unit (OPLS and AMBER rely on
CHELPG charges) to get an idea. That said, if the default linkage carbon
(139) expects passivation, within a given unit you could simply set its
charge to zero.

None of this sounds very robust, I know, but that's sort of the LEGO
nature of OPLS.

Alex