[gmx-users] Fibril not restrained?

Kevin Boyd kevin.boyd at uconn.edu
Thu Jun 7 21:26:17 CEST 2018

Hi,

To apply the restraints in the topology you need to use the define
field in the mdp file. For your case, the option would be "define =
-DPOSRES_A". Otherwise that #ifdef statement will evaluate to false
and the restraints won't be included. Also, are there end quotes
around posre_Protein_chain_A.itp?

You can quickly assess whether the position restraints are actually
being implemented in the log file. If restraints are turned on, there
should be a position restraint energy term reported where the other
energy terms (ie LJ-short range, potential energy, kinetic energy,
temperature) are printed at regular step intervals. If you don't see a
position restraint term, the system wasn't properly set up.

Kevin

Kevin