[gmx-users] Fwd: g_select or g_trjorder

Apramita Chand apramita.chand at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 06:18:05 CEST 2018

With reference to my earlier query, I would like to add that when I use
g_select, it gives me an average of 9-10 solute molecules around reference
protein while when I use g_trjorder , I get 20-23 molecules on an average.

Why are the number of molecules different in both cases ? Which should be
considered if I want to use these values for calculation of preferential
interaction coefficient?