[gmx-users] water flow

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 08:36:01 CEST 2018

I just want to quickly add to this discussion, as it may be useful to
others. The acceleration here really appears to be in the sense of p =
rho*g*h, which is hydrostatic pressure at the bottom of e.g. water slab
of height h under "gravity" described by g.

In other words, knowing the box length in the direction of the applied
pressure allows you to precalculate the value of g, which is the
acceleration in question. It is an entirely fake parameter in this case
(and it must be set judiciously). That said, one should not be thrown
off by values like 10^13 m/s^2 for ~tens of MPa across nanoscale
systems. Entertainingly, the units (nm/ps^2 = 10^15 m/s^2) make the
input values appear much less insane.

Alex