[gmx-users] GTX 960 vs Tesla K40

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 02:09:51 CEST 2018

Question: in the DD output (md.log) that looks like "DD  step xxxxxx  pme
mesh/force 1.229," what is the ratio? Does it mean the pme calculations
take longer by the shown factor than the nonbonded interactions?
With GTX 960, the ratio is consistently ~0.85, with Tesla K40 it's ~1.25.
My mdrun line contains  -pmefft cpu (per Szilard's advice for weak GPUs, I
believe). Would it then make sense to offload the fft to the K40?

Thank you,

Alex