[gmx-users] breaking lipid A tail in minimization

Thomas Piggot t.piggot at soton.ac.uk
Thu Jun 14 19:40:47 CEST 2018

What you are seeing sounds just like a periodic boundary visualisation
issue
(http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Periodic_Boundary_Conditions).
Also, the list doesn't accept attachments so we cannot see your
modifications to the topology.

However, it's worth pointing out that a lipid A membrane will take ages
to equilibrate in terms of membrane area (e.g see the "Extended All-Atom
Simulations of E. coli Lipid A Membranes Using the CHARMM36 Forcefield"
part of the methods section in some recent work I was involved in:
https://www.cell.com/structure/fulltext/S0969-2126(18)30132-1). So to
save you some considerable effort I will send you an equilibrated lipid
A membrane off-list.

Cheers

Tom

--