[gmx-users] membrane-protein system by using charmm36 ff

Olga Press pressol at post.bgu.ac.il
Mon Jun 18 11:32:44 CEST 2018

Alex thank you for your advice.
I have a problem with the pre-equilibration of the membrane
before embedding the protein into it.
I've used charm-gui membrane builder website and followed the README file
at it is, including the length of the MD production and continued the
protocol as you mentioned. The problem is that at the time I've started the
simulation I produced only 10ns equilibration of the membrane.  When I've
checked the pressure it didn't reach the 1bar, and I continued the protocol
by performing log NPT equilibration (200ns)  of the entire system
(protein+membrane).
So, my question is should I start from the beginning or should I continue?
Thank you,
Olga