[gmx-users] Only 2 ns/day

Kevin Boyd kevin.boyd at uconn.edu
Mon Jun 18 19:44:14 CEST 2018

Hi,

One source of poor performance is certainly that you don't have SIMD
enabled. Try recompiling with SIMD enabled (the log file suggests
AVX_128_FMA). If you are compiling on gromacs on the same node
architecture that you plan to run gromacs on (and you really should be
doing this), it should detect the SIMD compatibility automatically.
See the install guide.

http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2016/install-guide/

Also, it looks like your version of gromacs was compiled with the PGI
C and C++ compilers, which is not recommended. Consider using GCC. The
age of the compiler version matters as well - use as recent a version
as possible for performance and feature compatibility.

Kevin