[gmx-users] Magnetic field in GROMACS

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 10:20:13 CEST 2018

David,

I can think of many realistic cases when looking at the effects of
magnetic fields in MD would be of interest, just not in what Gromacs is
normally used for.

It's just a completely different animal in terms of what causes those
effects and Lorentz force applied to point charges would likely be a
very bad approximation. But in general, an implementation of
self-consistent MD+FDTD (i.e. MD + Maxwell's eqns) would be pretty amazing.

Alex