[gmx-users] fatal error with mpi

Stefano Guglielmo stefano.guglielmo at unito.it
Fri Jun 22 15:56:51 CEST 2018

Thanks Mark. I must say that I tried reducing timestep (as low as 0.5 fs-1)
and temperature as well (5K both in NvT and NpT) but the simulation crashed
in any case with warning about cutoff, lincs or bad water. The very
previous day I had run the same simulation on the same machine but with the
non-MPI version of gromacs 2016.5 and everything went smoothly; as I
switched to the MPI version I encountered the issue, and in the end I was
afraid to have missed something during compilation, so I decided to try and
recompile and now it is running.
Anyway I will check the trajectory as you said.
Thanks
Stefano