[gmx-users] Continuation of the gromacs job using gmx convert-tpr

Own 12121325 own12121325 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 13:06:29 CEST 2018

update:

I am trying using the way that you have suggested me

# the first step
gmx convert-tpr -s old.tpr -o new.tpr -extend 50000
mdrun_mpi  -s new.tpr -deffnm old -cpi old -append

Here there is an issue:

Each time all pieces of the files will be merged into "old" (.trr .edr and
.cpt). But since I use always -deffnm old, the new check-point produced at
the end of the simulation will be always of the same name as the input
check-point (provided in the beginning)
so by the end of the each run I have to rename checkpoint file from old.cpt
to new.cpt and the next step should be

# the second step
gmx convert-tpr -s new.tpr -o new2.tpr -extend 50000
mdrun_mpi  -s new2.tpr -deffnm old -cpi new -append
mv new.cpt new2.cpt

# the third step
gmx convert-tpr -s new2.tpr -o new3.tpr -extend 50000
mdrun_mpi  -s new3.tpr -deffnm old -cpi new2 -append
mv new2.cpt new3.cpt

etc.

So the trajectory and edr files will be always the same but check-point
files updated (if I will be needed to go back )

Actually it may produce some mismatching between the files...