[gmx-users] Distance vector file for g_analyze: incompatibility of normal and vector

Apramita Chand apramita.chand at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 13:32:30 CEST 2018

Dear All,
I want to generate the autocorrelation function for end-to-end distance
vector of my peptide and using g_dist,  I have generated a dist.xvg file.
On giving this file as input to g_analyze and giving the option -P 1 (for
Legendre polynomial), it gives the error:
"Incompatible mode bits: normal and vector (or Legendre)"

How to generate a compatible file for g_analyse to generate the P1 dipole
autocorrelation functon for the end-to-end distance ?

Regards,
Apramita