[gmx-users] nve energy conservation

Stéphane Téletchéa stephane.teletchea at univ-nantes.fr
Tue Mar 20 00:44:45 CET 2018

Le 19/03/2018 à 22:25, Jo a écrit :

> 3. It appears that having constraints explicitly defined in the topology
> file results in no energy conservation. Can someone explain to me why this
> might be?
Dear Jo,

Considering specifically this point, I suspect that your contraints are
"added twice", once from the SPC topology file, and second coming from
your own topology file (thus the inconsistency). A quick search into
this direction pointed me to this message (from 2009 though, no idea if
relevant anymore):
https://mailman-1.sys.kth.se/pipermail/gromacs.org_gmx-users/2009-September/044788.html

Best,
Stéphane

--
Lecturer, UFIP, UMR 6286 CNRS, Team Protein Design In Silico
UFR Sciences et Techniques, 2, rue de la Houssinière, Bât. 25, 44322 Nantes cedex 03, France