[gmx-users] strange GPU load distribution

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Mon May 7 22:55:02 CEST 2018

Hi,

You have at least one option more elegant than using a separate binary for
EM.

Set GMX_DISABLE_GPU_DETECTION=1 environment variable which is the internal
GROMACS override that forces the detection off for cases similar to
yours. That should solve the detection latency. If for some reason it does
not, you can always set CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES="" so jobs simply do not "see"
any GPUs. This is a standard environment variable for the CUDA runtime.

Let us know if that worked.

Cheers.

--
Szilárd