[gmx-users] Restarting crashed simmulation.

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri May 11 19:14:40 CEST 2018

On 5/11/18 1:12 PM, neelam wafa wrote:
> The previous command was :
>
> gmx mdrun -deffnm md_0_1
>
> I didn't ust -cpi falg .

Then the only explanation I can think of for what you are observing is
that somehow md_0_1.cpt was not accessible, causing mdrun to start over
from t = 0 and write a new set of files (because -s md_0_1.tpr does not
write files with names md_0_1.*, only -deffnm does). Your new .log file
should clearly indicate what time it started from. If it's t=0, then
your loading from .cpt failed and your run started over. With new file
names, you shouldn't have lost anything and could try to restart again
once you identify the source of the problem.

-Justin