[gmx-users] "energygrps" option for separating Bonded interactions

Debdas Dhabal ddhabal at seas.upenn.edu
Sat May 19 00:08:55 CEST 2018

Hi Justin,

When I follow the method you suggested I am getting an error.
(1) Using trjconv I have created a .trr file containing the coordinates of
the component for which I want to calculate the bonded energy.
(2) Now when I do *tpbconv_mpi -s topol.tpr (old tpr file) -f traj.trr
(containing component of my interest) -o tpxout.tpr *,  it is showing an
error message -> "Number of atoms in Topology is not same as in
Trajectory".

This means the trr file I am supplying should contain the trajectory of
whole system. If I do that then during *mdrun -s tpsout.tpr -rerun traj.trr*,
it is giving energy for whole system not for that single component. It
would be very nice if you could kindly help me resolving this error.

Thank you very much

With regards

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 4:23 PM, Debdas Dhabal <ddhabal at seas.upenn.edu>
wrote:

> Dear Justin,
>
> Thanks a lot for your kind help. Yes, these don't mean anything
> quantitatively.  I Just wanted to have a qualitative comparison between the
> two states.
>
> With regards
>  Debdas
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 4:09 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:
>

>> On 5/18/18 4:01 PM, Debdas Dhabal wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I wonder if GROMACS has "energygrps" option (or any other similar
>>> options)
>>> for bonded interactions (E_bond, E_ang, E_dih) for different groups.