[gmx-users] mdrun error

rose rahmani rose.rhmn93 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 23:43:32 CEST 2018

!!!
I have sheet(at z=0) and 2wall(are close to each other and one of them
begins at z=3.5 and the other at z=~3.8) structures which the other
molecules(water, AA, NA, CL) are BETWEEN sheet and wall structures. before
solvation, i add box size without considering the wall in coordination
because i didn't want that sol molecules enter the space between two carbon
WALLs. After solvation in EM step because of PBC issues i had to increase
the box size in x dimension for 0.094 nm. The box size in z dimension is
almost 3times bigger than the distance between walls and sheet ( box
size=12 nm) because of PBC.

I try to figure out what happens and please correct me if i am wrong;
1, as i can see in .gro file 3 water molecules are in vaccum space so may
feel larger force.

2, some water molecules are between to carbon walls(maybe they could get
there because of 0.094nm space that i added to x dimension)

3, number of water molecules is not enough for this size of system.

4, i know that the system in energy minimization (before pulling) minimized
with minus Kj/mol and didn't fluctuate, but GROMACS said in didn't get
converged.

5, i constraint hbonds and because of that i decided to choose dt=2fs. As
far as i know hbonds have the highest vibrational frequency and least
time.... so i choose 2fs...

Could you please help me which one caused to problem?

Regards
-Rose