[gmx-users] partial exclusion of interactions within 1-4

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Tue May 22 09:56:43 CEST 2018

I feel like I am being tested, but it says what I thought I knew:
"defines the name of your molecule in this *.top and nrexcl = 3 stands
for excluding non-bonded interactions between atoms that are no further
than 3 bonds away."

This to me suggests that all coulombic+LJ interactions will be removed
for neighbors closer than third. By setting nrexcl = 1, one would get
nearest-neighbor coulombic back, along with LJ. However, I still want
the LJ off. Does this make sense?

Alex