[gmx-users] Specbond.dat file

Hemalatha Jayabal hemalathajayabal at gmail.com
Tue May 22 12:01:08 CEST 2018

Hi,

Thank you.

When I used pdb2gmx to generate the topology using CHARMM, I could see from
the bonds section that the bonds were not created between the newly added
residue i.e hydroxyproline and the following residue(glycine). But, I also
noted that bonds were created between the newly added residue i.e.
Hydroxyproline and its preceding residue (proline). I did not get any error
about any parameter being missing. What might be the possible reason for
such behavior? Am I missing out something in the process of addition of
residue? (I thought not mentioning bonds in specbond.dat might be a
probable reason)

Any insight regarding this would be highly helpful.