[gmx-users] Fw: problem in extending MD in Gromacs 2018

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Nov 3 17:26:31 CET 2018

On 11/1/18 7:26 PM, Ladan Mafakhe wrote:
> hi
>
> I saw Gromacs documentary about how to extend MD run but when I used these two commands:
>
> gmx convert-tpr -s previous.tpr -extend timetoextendby -o next.tpr
> gmx mdrun -s next.tpr -cpi state.cpt
>
> my MD run start from the first step. I used these command before without any problem and I wondered what is happen in Gromacs 2018 version.

As Mark said, the .log file will tell you what happened. Copying and
pasting template commands from the website is not going to lead you to a
solution because we don't know exactly what you did.

Always provide *exactly* what you did, and relevant output (e.g. from
the .log file in this case).

-Justin

Assistant Professor

303 Engel Hall