[gmx-users] Average crystallographic angles for a triclinic box

Lakshman Ji Verma lakshmanjivrm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 02:36:17 CET 2018

Thanks, Justin, I was thinking the same about isotropic pressure. As we
applying the same pressure from all directions, there would be only normal
stress and imbalance in normal stress will manifest in the change in box
length. Therefore the angles should not fluctuate. If what I am thinking is
correct, it makes me ask a couple of followup question regarding
anisotropic pressure.

When we apply anisotropic pressure, we effectively apply shear, aren’t we?
Also if we use the same pressure in all direction with anisotropic
barostat, it will be the same as isotropic, right? If not, why?

Thanks
Lakshman