[gmx-users] (no subject)

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Nov 26 15:53:47 CET 2018

On 11/23/18 12:58 AM, maya nair wrote:
> I am trying to do the molecular dynamics of  DNA-ligand complex. I made the
> ligand files using antechamber and converted the amber files to .gro and
> .top using acpype.pl. Then I made the complex.gro. when I am trying to run
> grommp  ions.mdp and em.mdp, it gives error saying the following
>
> Command line:
>    gmx grompp -f ions.mdp -c solv.gro -p topol1.top -o ions.tpr
>

> Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.20#
> Setting the LD random seed to 2988957772
>
> WARNING 1 [file res.itp, line 5]:
>    Too few gb parameters for type 1
>

> Couldn't find topology match for atomtype 1
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> I couldnot understand about the atomtype. I checked in the .atp file and
> found that nomenclatures exist there. So couldnot do any rectification.

The .atp file is only read by pdb2gmx, so it's not relevant. Apparently
you have an atom type "1" (number one) in your topology, which is very
strange. It doesn't have parameters defined in gb.itp, so you get a
failure. Make sure your input is sound and your topology/force field
files are free of typos.

> Help me in this regard. I am attaching my files.

This mailing list does not accept attachments. If you need to share
files, use a file-sharing service and provide the URL.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.