[gmx-users] Extract frames from Trajectory

Harsha Ravishankar hara0050 at gapps.umu.se
Tue Nov 27 17:34:02 CET 2018

Hi Justin & Fernando,

Thanks for the replies. I think I might have not explained my issue
properly: so I have a 100 ns trajectory of a protein & lipids system. I
would like to extract frames every 1 ns of the protein and whatever lipids
might be within 0.2 nm within it.

The way I proceeded was as follows,

First, I made an index file containing the residues of the transmembrane
domain named residues.ndx,

Next i made use of gmx select to identify the lipid molecules which are 0.2
nm away from them in the trajectory using,

gmx select -f Traj.trr  -s topol.tpr -select 'resname POPC and within 0.2
of group 30' -n residues.ndx  -on Lipids.ndx,

Then I manually added the contents of Lipids.ndx to Protein.ndx, which
contains just the protein and renamed it as ProteinLipids.ndx

Next, I write out the frames using,

gmx trjconv  -f Traj.trr -s topol.tpr -o proteinlipid.pdb -split 1000 -dt
1000 -n ProteinLipids.ndx -pbc whole,

but I find that I am unable to.

I would be grateful for any suggestions on what to do,

cheers

Harsha