[gmx-users] [CASS SPAM]Re: How to fix graphite layers?

高恺 gaokai161 at mails.ucas.ac.cn
Wed Nov 28 09:34:58 CET 2018

Dear Alex:

Thank you very much for your reply, but I think I may not have expressed my doubts.

First, I multiplied a graphite unit cell in x y z three directions, then cut it to the size I needed, and carefully adjusted the carbon atoms at the edges to conform to the periodic boundary conditions. Therefore, there should be no problem in the way the graphite layers are stacked.

Second, I dug a spherical hole in the graphite I got in the first step. As a result, each layer of graphite is clearly different. Based on your comments, I should create a top file for each layer of graphite using the x2top command alone. Actually I don't quite understand why I can't create a top file directly for the entire graphite?

Finally, the main problem I encountered was that the graphite layers were separated from each other during the simulation and could not maintain the original configuration. I don't want to freeze the whole graphite, because then it is non-physical. Is there any way to fix the multi-layer graphite in addition to freezing?

Thank you again for your reply!

Kevin