[gmx-users] mismatch sol.gro/topol.gro

Francesco Pietra chiendarret at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 08:35:58 CET 2018

I understand that transferring a system organized for namd-charmm36 ro
gromacs-charmm36 involves blind usage of transformation tools that are not
from gromacs. In the specific case, the tool became confused by the ligand
having a side chain with hyphened atom numbering, should the mismatch
between atom number depends from that. It proved also difficult using
qm-improved stream files from CGenFF for such transformation tools.
So that, I decided not to try further with gromacs-charmm36, going back to
namd-charmm36, also not to overload the mailing list with too many
requests. I thank you very much users and maintainers for the much aid I
received. In spite of unsuccessful work, i am happy to have had the
opportunity to see how the preparation for gromacs is carried out.
cheers
francesco pietra