[gmx-users] multiple electric fields

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 07:46:05 CEST 2018

As expected, multiple instances of a given component are not accepted by
Gromacs. Is there anything that can be done? Can the functional form be
extended to the current form + constant offset?

The use scenario is very simple: photosensitive solid-state ion
channels. It is that relatively rare instance when there is no chemical
reaction that results in photosensitivity, so one needs a constant
driving field and an additional sinusoidal wave. We can set this up with
LAMMPS, but our timescales will drop by a factor of five... Anyone?

Thanks,

Alex