[gmx-users] multiple electric fields

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Sat Oct 27 12:15:11 CEST 2018

Den 2018-10-26 kl. 07:46, skrev Alex:
> As expected, multiple instances of a given component are not accepted by
> Gromacs. Is there anything that can be done? Can the functional form be
> extended to the current form + constant offset?
>
> The use scenario is very simple: photosensitive solid-state ion
> channels. It is that relatively rare instance when there is no chemical
> reaction that results in photosensitivity, so one needs a constant
> driving field and an additional sinusoidal wave. We can set this up with
> LAMMPS, but our timescales will drop by a factor of five... Anyone?

I would propose you add the constant in the code for now and work with
it. If it works well please upload a redmine issues with a feture request.
You literally have to add somewhere
field = field + c
check src/gromacs/applied_forces/electricfield.cpp

> Thanks,
>
> Alex
>

> On 10/25/2018 1:08 PM, Alex wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is it possible to have an electric field of the form described here:
>> http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2018.1/user-guide/mdp-options.html#mdp-electric-field-x%20;%20electric-field-y%20;%20electric-field-z
>>

>> but with a constant component?
>>
>> In other words, for a given component (x,y, or z): E0_1 +
>> E0_2*something-sinusoidal? For instance, can we have multiple
>> 'electric-field-z' statements, each describing the desired portion?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alex

Head of Department, Cell & Molecular Biology, Uppsala University.
Box 596, SE-75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone: +46184714205.
http://www.icm.uu.se