[gmx-users] Orthorhombic structure and Lincs warnings

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 09:03:33 CEST 2018

Your answers to questions 3 and 4 contradict each other in several ways.
Do not use restraints or constraints (hint: LINCS is a constraint
algorithm) and make sure your forcefield works. Right now it doesn't
work, because a somewhat working forcefield does not lead to any
crumpling, i.e. fix it and use appropriately selected box dimensions,
especially if you are using periodic boundaries. This is a searchable
list and people asked the very same questions before.

If your box is rectangular, there is no need to call it orthorhombic. In
your QM calculations, if you have a rectangular sheet of graphene with
boundaries parallel & perpendicular to the vector connecting the atoms
in the unit cell, the in-plane vectors of the cell must be 90 degrees,
so there goes the accuracy of your quantum espresso setup.

And please, please respond in the appropriate thread. There is
absolutely no need to flood the entire mailing list, now including the
digest.

Alex