[gmx-users] How can i calculate the (ADF)angular distribution of the angles between water molecule water and surface?

João Henriques joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:42:48 CEST 2018

"It gives me the histogram of angles" ---> what is "it" in this sentence?
There are 26 emails on the link I shared. What did you actually try? I
mean, an histogram and a distribution function aren't that far apart...
Also, I believe understand what you want to do, you want to calculate the
ADF of the water molecules with the protein surface as the reference. Something
like this <https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp0604241> (see Figures 3
and 5). Well, I've played around with a similar problem and there's no
simple answer. I ended up using MDAnalysis
<https://www.mdanalysis.org/docs/documentation_pages/analysis/waterdynamics.html>
(click on the link, see 4.8.3.1.3. AngularDistribution). I tried doing the
same with the native Gromacs tools but found it too be too much of a pain
in the a**.

I hope this is at least somewhat useful.

Cheers,
João