[gmx-users] How can i calculate the (ADF)angular distribution of the angles between water molecule water and surface?

rose rahmani rose.rhmn93 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 20:02:44 CEST 2018

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 9:15 PM João Henriques <joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Did you try with gmx gangle again, after my reply?

yes.

 gmx gangle -f umbrella0.xtc -s umbrella0.tpr -n index.ndx -g1 plane -g2
plane -group1 -group2 -oh -oav

Available static index groups:
 Group  0 "System" (4336 atoms)
 Group  1 "Other" (760 atoms)
 Group  2 "ZnS" (560 atoms)
 Group  3 "WAL" (200 atoms)
 Group  4 "NA" (5 atoms)
 Group  5 "CL" (5 atoms)
 Group  6 "Protein" (26 atoms)
 Group  7 "Protein-H" (12 atoms)
 Group  8 "C-alpha" (1 atoms)
 Group  9 "Backbone" (5 atoms)
 Group 10 "MainChain" (7 atoms)
 Group 11 "MainChain+Cb" (8 atoms)
 Group 12 "MainChain+H" (9 atoms)
 Group 13 "SideChain" (17 atoms)
 Group 14 "SideChain-H" (5 atoms)
 Group 15 "Prot-Masses" (26 atoms)
 Group 16 "non-Protein" (4310 atoms)
 Group 17 "Water" (3540 atoms)
 Group 18 "SOL" (3540 atoms)
 Group 19 "non-Water" (796 atoms)
 Group 20 "Ion" (10 atoms)
 Group 21 "ZnS" (560 atoms)
 Group 22 "WAL" (200 atoms)
 Group 23 "NA" (5 atoms)
 Group 24 "CL" (5 atoms)
 Group 25 "Water_and_ions" (3550 atoms)
 Group 26 "Protein" (26 atoms)
 Group 27 "ZnS" (560 atoms)
 Group 28 "ZnS" (560 atoms)
Specify any number of selections for option 'group1'
(First analysis/vector selection):
(one per line, <enter> for status/groups, 'help' for help, Ctrl-D to end)
> 17
Selection '17' parsed
> 27
Selection '27' parsed
> Available static index groups:
 Group  0 "System" (4336 atoms)
 Group  1 "Other" (760 atoms)
 Group  2 "ZnS" (560 atoms)
 Group  3 "WAL" (200 atoms)
 Group  4 "NA" (5 atoms)
 Group  5 "CL" (5 atoms)
 Group  6 "Protein" (26 atoms)
 Group  7 "Protein-H" (12 atoms)
 Group  8 "C-alpha" (1 atoms)
 Group  9 "Backbone" (5 atoms)
 Group 10 "MainChain" (7 atoms)
 Group 11 "MainChain+Cb" (8 atoms)
 Group 12 "MainChain+H" (9 atoms)
 Group 13 "SideChain" (17 atoms)
 Group 14 "SideChain-H" (5 atoms)
 Group 15 "Prot-Masses" (26 atoms)
 Group 16 "non-Protein" (4310 atoms)
 Group 17 "Water" (3540 atoms)
 Group 18 "SOL" (3540 atoms)
 Group 19 "non-Water" (796 atoms)
 Group 20 "Ion" (10 atoms)
 Group 21 "ZnS" (560 atoms)
 Group 22 "WAL" (200 atoms)
 Group 23 "NA" (5 atoms)
 Group 24 "CL" (5 atoms)
 Group 25 "Water_and_ions" (3550 atoms)
 Group 26 "Protein" (26 atoms)
 Group 27 "ZnS" (560 atoms)
 Group 28 "ZnS" (560 atoms)
Specify any number of selections for option 'group2'
(Second analysis/vector selection):
(one per line, <enter> for status/groups, 'help' for help, Ctrl-D to end)
> 17
Selection '17' parsed
> 27
Selection '27' parsed
> Reading file umbrella0.tpr, VERSION 4.5.4 (single precision)
Reading file umbrella0.tpr, VERSION 4.5.4 (single precision)

Program:     gmx gangle, VERSION 5.1.4
Source file: src/gromacs/trajectoryanalysis/modules/angle.cpp (line 468)
Function:    void
gmx::analysismodules::{anonymous}::Angle::initFromSelections(const
SelectionList&, const SelectionList&)

Inconsistency in user input:
Number of positions in selection 2 in the first group not divisible by 3

Before writing code you