[gmx-users] How can i calculate the (ADF)angular distribution of the angles between water molecule water and surface?

João Henriques joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 20:46:53 CEST 2018

Ok, that's not a gromacs problem, that's you not understanding what you are
doing in regard to the selections. You can't just pass all the atoms of all
water molecules and all the atoms of your surface and expect gromacs to
define the planes for you. What I meant in my simple example was that you
should try passing 3 atoms on your surface to define a reference plane and
3 atoms on a single water molecule to define its H-O-H plane. Then see if
it runs. If it does, then it's time to think about how you can do that for
all water molecules in the system. Do you follow me?

Unless you plan on defining these points in a .ndx file, I suggest you get
familiar with the selection syntax:

http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/5.1/onlinehelp/selections.html