[gmx-users] atom types not found

pbuscemi pbuscemi at q.com
Thu Sep 27 18:44:39 CEST 2018

Alex,
This pertains the prior correspondence to building a polymer and is the process I've been developing.

To date I can  obtain an ITP and pdb from ATB for a monomer.  From there with information in those files, it is relatively easy to construct the n2t file to use in x2top.  (  I’d be happy to provide an example as a 'tutorial' of sorts).  X2top provides the monomer rtp for use in pdb2gmx. It has all the atom type information.  Thanks for the guidance on that.

The hangups are not associated with the rtp but of all things producing the pdb of the polymer specifically  positioning along,say, the x axis but more importantly, producing the pdb of the polymer that uses the same atom labels as the original pdb of  the monomer.  In the PE example from gromacs there  are 3 mers of 2 atoms  so it is easy to manually keep track of the names, but not if you have 1000 mers.  Avogadro renames the added mers.

Since gromacs can build proteins, and I can tell gmx that the monomer is a protein  ( it wants to think that it is anyway),  I will try to use the same logic to build the  polymer.  More to come.

Paul