[gmx-users] How to deal with "non-zero total charge" problem in gromacs?

Dallas Warren dallas.warren at monash.edu
Fri Aug 2 04:07:05 CEST 2019

Well there's your problem!  Don't ignore things like this, the software is
giving you the warning for a reason.

You are going to have to go through that process again, and fix the
starting coordinate file you are using, or the processing, depending on
which atoms are the ones missing. The residue database of the forcefield
being used to generate the topology expects each residue to have particular
atoms and atom names for each residue. If some of those are missing, then
you need to address that fact.

http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/current/user-guide/run-time-errors.html#warning-atom-x-is-missing-in-residue-xxx-y-in-the-pdb-file

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
dallas.warren at monash.edu
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a
nail.