[gmx-users] Two atom oscillational period less than the time step

Alessandra Villa alessandra.villa.biosim at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 09:28:41 CET 2019

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 7:37 AM Mijiddorj B <b.mijiddorj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear GMX users,
> Hello, I would like to discuss the grompp message that tells the bonded
> atoms oscillational period less than 10 times the time step. I am using
> 0.002 ps time step.

The choice of the time step depends on the force field parameter set.
and bond oscillation of light atoms (e.i H) determines the time step.
I suggest to follow the indication given by the developers of the force
field you are using.

The simulation was stopped because of LINCS warming.

Pls note that constraints can be applied to a) only bond containing H  b)
to all bonds (but and also to angle and so on).

Best regards
Alessandra