[gmx-users] Center of mass motion removal

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Dec 8 00:31:24 CET 2019

On 12/6/19 4:37 PM, Alex wrote:
> Thanks Justin,
>
> As I said, I have already used the "trjconv -pbc mol" and "trjconv -pbc
> cluster -center" in order, to remove the COM motion of the droplet,
> however, when I visualize it in VMD, the whole droplet still moves around!

I don't know if -pbc cluster and -center simultaneously work since they
are both applying translational changes to the coordinates. Try them
separately.

> Do I need to consider something else in trjconv to have the COM of the
> droplet fixed at a single point for all frames of the trajectory?

Your reference structure (in the .tpr) may need to be generated from an
intact droplet, if that's relevant (e.g. the droplet is not formed at
the start of the simulation and comes together over time).

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.