[gmx-users] Vacuum minimization of massive Protein:RNA complex.

Miner, Jacob Carlson jcminer at lanl.gov
Fri Dec 13 22:37:07 CET 2019

Can anyone recommend a good vacuum energy minimization method to minimize a Protein:RNA complex with over 300k atoms? (net charge about -800).

I have been able to get the system running (very slowly even on a 12-CPU-core machine) using a Gromacs version 4.5.5 of the standard minimization .mdp from the Lemkul Lab (using -DPOSRES on several of the heaviest atoms), but when I try to run an equivalent .mdp for version 5.1.4 I get the error:

"Domain decomposition does not work with nstlist=0"

Any recommendations? I just need to do a 'simple' minimization of my complex structure.

Thanks,

Jake Miner