[gmx-users] Error: Atomtype CH2 not found

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Dec 14 01:52:12 CET 2019

On 12/13/19 2:18 AM, Muthusankar wrote:
> Dear Gromacs users,
> I am simulating a protein-ligand complex and performing the grompp command
> before adding ions to the system. I got the error.
> *Fatal error: *(file: ligand.itp)
> Atomtype *CH2 not found*.
> *command used:*
> gmx grompp -f ions.mdp -c protein_box.gro -p protein.top -o ions.tpr
>
> Please guide me, How to rectify the problem.

This means you're trying to use an atom type that your force field
doesn't recognize. Either you're mixing and matching force fields (never
do this) or your ligand topology relies on new atom types that should be
introduced into the force field, in which case the source of the ligand
topology (server, etc.) should provide that information.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.