[gmx-users] segmantation fault

Bratin Kumar Das 177cy500.bratin at nitk.edu.in
Fri Dec 20 09:39:56 CET 2019

Dear all,
             During running nvt equilibration I got the following error.
gmx mdrun -v -s nvt.tpr -deffnm nvt -cpi nvt.cpt -append
                      :-) GROMACS - gmx mdrun, 2016.5 (-:

                            GROMACS is written by:
     Emile Apol      Rossen Apostolov  Herman J.C. Berendsen    Par
Bjelkmar
 Aldert van Buuren   Rudi van Drunen     Anton Feenstra    Gerrit Groenhof
 Christoph Junghans   Anca Hamuraru    Vincent Hindriksen Dimitrios
Karkoulis
    Peter Kasson        Jiri Kraus      Carsten Kutzner      Per Larsson
  Justin A. Lemkul   Magnus Lundborg   Pieter Meulenhoff    Erik Marklund
   Teemu Murtola       Szilard Pall       Sander Pronk      Roland Schulz
  Alexey Shvetsov     Michael Shirts     Alfons Sijbers     Peter Tieleman
  Teemu Virolainen  Christian Wennberg    Maarten Wolf
                           and the project leaders:
        Mark Abraham, Berk Hess, Erik Lindahl, and David van der Spoel

Copyright (c) 1991-2000, University of Groningen, The Netherlands.
Copyright (c) 2001-2017, The GROMACS development team at
Uppsala University, Stockholm University and
the Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden.
check out http://www.gromacs.org for more information.

GROMACS is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1
of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

GROMACS:      gmx mdrun, version 2016.5
Executable:   /usr/local/gromacs/bin/gmx
Data prefix:  /usr/local/gromacs
Working dir:
 /home/workstation/Desktop/Desktop/users/bratin/GROMACS/GROMACS-DHPS/GROMACS-DHPS-57
Command line:
  gmx mdrun -v -s nvt.tpr -deffnm nvt -cpi nvt.cpt -append

No previous checkpoint file present with -cpi option, assuming this is a
new run.

Back Off! I just backed up nvt.log to ./#nvt.log.1#

Running on 1 node with total 4 cores, 4 logical cores
Hardware detected:
  CPU info:
    Vendor: Intel
    Brand:  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 v5 @ 3.30GHz
    SIMD instructions most likely to fit this hardware: AVX2_256
    SIMD instructions selected at GROMACS compile time: AVX2_256

  Hardware topology: Basic

Reading file nvt.tpr, VERSION 2016.5 (single precision)
Changing nstlist from 20 to 25, rlist from 1.222 to 1.239

Using 1 MPI thread
Using 4 OpenMP threads

Back Off! I just backed up nvt.xtc to ./#nvt.xtc.1#

Back Off! I just backed up nvt.edr to ./#nvt.edr.1#
starting mdrun 'TRANSFERASE in water'
500000 steps,   1000.0 ps.
step 2100, will finish Fri Dec 20 14:48:35 2019
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Why this is coming....please suggest me