[gmx-users] Gromacs compilation problem

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 10:32:22 CET 2019

Hi,

The fftw build you are trying to do uses gcc by default, and your gcc is so
old that AVX512 didn't exist yet, so it cant compile for it. Since you're
using the Intel compiler, it's easiest to also use its fft library with
cmake -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=OFF -DGMX_FFT_LIBRARY=mkl

Harder is to update gcc or get the own fftw build to use the Intel compilers

Mark