[gmx-users] Extract LJ-14 energy

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Dec 21 02:33:43 CET 2019

On 12/20/19 6:07 AM, Suvardhan Jonnalagadda wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for the reply.
> I have included it and rerun my system. Still problem prevails.

energrps are not required for LJ 1-4 energies, as these are
intramolecular and energygrps correspond strictly to intermolecular
interaction energies.

There is no need for enemat, which in any case is not practical to use
enemat, just extract the energies with gmx energy. As Mark said, if your
topology specifies 1-4 interactions, the energy contribution will be
there. If it's not, there are no 1-4 interactions.

-Justin

> On Fri, 20 Dec, 2019, 7:22 AM Bratin Kumar Das, <177cy500.bratin at nitk.edu.in>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>     You have to mention energygrous in your .mdp file and rerun the
>> simulation. The details you'll get in gromacs protein- ligand complex
>> tutorial.
>>
>> On Thu 19 Dec, 2019, 11:11 PM Suvardhan Jonnalagadda, <
>> j.su.vardhan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> *"GROMACS: VERSION 4.5.5; Precision: single"*
>>> I have performed an md simulation for 1 time step, on a single molecule
>>> with 17 atoms. I want to calculate all the energies (angle, dihedrals,
>>> bonds, 1-4 interactions), and compare. However, I am not able to get the
>>> LJ-14 interactions energy from the '*.edr'* file. When i searched in the
>>> manual, I came across *'gmx enemat'* command.
>>> I gave the following command
>>>
>>> *'gmx enemat -f nvt_single.edr -groups groups.dat -lj14'*
>>> In the groups.dat I have entered the molecule name (as in the *.itp
>>> *file).
>>>
>>> So, the error and warnings I get after the above command are as follows:
>>>

>>> *"   group 16WARNING! could not find group Coul-SR:C16-C16 (16,16)in
>> energy
>>> fileWARNING! could not find group LJ-SR:C16-C16 (16,16)in energy
>>> fileWARNING! could not find group LJ-14:C16-C16 (16,16)in energy fileWill
>>> select half-matrix of energies with 0 elementsLast energy frame read 0
>>> time    0.000            Will build energy half-matrix of 17 groups, 0
>>> elements, over 1 framesSegmentation fault (core dumped)   "*
>>> Is this a bug? or am I missing something?
>>> Also, what does 'LJ(SR)' term in the energies include? In my case, I have
>>> only one molecule. So, what does this LJ short range include?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Vardhan
>>> --