[gmx-users] gmx trjconv -center not working?

Mala L Radhakrishnan mradhakr at wellesley.edu
Wed Feb 6 16:15:37 CET 2019

Hi,

It would be helpful to know if this is a known bug/issue.  I'd rather not
have to write code to recenter in this case -- would be easy if I just had
one molecule far from the edges of the box but I am simulating a crowded
system and need to get it centered on one complex within the system while
still maintaining the cubic shape of the box -- I suppose I could write a
script to pass atoms from one side of the box to the other as a result of
the translation, but the box size slightly changes at each step (it's an
NPT simulation) and I fear I'd be messing things up -- so I'd really rather
not have to do that if there is actually a way with -center.  I can't get
anything to work the way the documentation says it's supposed to.

Does anyone out there know if this is a known bug?  Any of the developers,
perhaps?

Thanks,

Mala