[gmx-users] gmx trjconv -center not working?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Feb 8 14:06:08 CET 2019

On 2/8/19 8:03 AM, Mala L Radhakrishnan wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thank you SO much -- I will try this out, but I have a silly question
> before I do -- is there a way to dump just the desired frame in the first
> step itself -- or would that screw up the ordering -- since my xtc files
> are just so huge and I'd rather not create more huge files than necessary?
> If there is no other way, then I will do it, but these are massive files
> and I'd need to create them for many simulations.

You can try, but my suggestion is that you have to be careful in making
leaps from one reference state to a final state. In principle, it should
work no matter what, but I've noticed that trjconv does sometimes
require processing of a full trajectory for PBC and fitting purposes. I
have no explanation as to why, but if you carefully and methodically
invoke trjconv, there should never be a problem getting it to behave as
you need it to.

-Justin