[gmx-users] ligand-polymer interaction in triclinic unit cell

Dallas Warren dallas.warren at monash.edu
Sun Feb 10 22:23:14 CET 2019

1/ as long as the frame within the .tpr file or first frame within the .xtc
file fed to trjconv has the molecules/particles as shown in figure 1, then
it should maintain them as such, even if they diffuse away.  I'd recheck
what you have done there.

2/ periodic_molecules is for molecules that cross the PBC boundary,
typically those that are a single long chain that links back to itself at
the other end.
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/current/user-guide/mdp-options.html?highlight=periodic%20molecules#mdp-periodic-molecules.
The box you are visualising doen't actually exist within the simulation, it
is an artificial construct so that you can look at it. And you can place
that box where ever you like.  What is important is the relative
positioning of the molecules to each other, and whether that is valid with
respect to what you are studying.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
dallas.warren at monash.edu
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a
nail.