[gmx-users] Periodic Boundary Conditions

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Feb 11 21:15:01 CET 2019

On 2/10/19 12:26 PM, marzieh gharouni wrote:
> Hello
> I want to do noPeriodic Boundary Conditions for my system.
> Gromacs tutorial has said that it can not be used the center and nojump in
> one command simultaneously.
> I would be grateful if you could explain the reasons for it?

Both apply translations to the coordinates, which are going to be in
conflict with one another. The use of -pbc nojump allows atoms to appear
to stray "outside" the box, but then trying to center them will try to
move them back towards the middle of the box. These are mutually
exclusive operations.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall